Nordisk’s team consists of lawyers with considerable expertise and experience in all aspects of maritime law and general legal practice.
Nordisk often assists members and clients in matters outside the scope of cover. Such assistance may involve:
- Disputes relating to officers and crew
- Corporate matters
- Internal disputes, such as disagreements between co-owners, shareholders in shipowning companies, joint venture partners or managers
Nordisk also assist members with non-contentious matters where the amount of work extends normal cover. Such services may include:
- Negotiating and drafting pool or joint venture agreements
- Negotiating and drafting building contracts, charterparties and contractual clauses
- Advising on financial matters and competition and corporate law
- Advising on matters relating to sale and purchase of vessels, such as changes of registry
Members and clients are billed for such services on an hourly basis in accordance with the normal rates and billing practices of leading Norwegian law firms.